Oh boy oh boy, do I have a recipe to share with you!
Yesterday I shopped around for raw nuts in the bulk bin aisle of Sprouts.
Wait, that last sentence sounds questionable….But how else can one make it sound more acceptable?!
This cool “farmer’s market” is great because so many items tend to be on sale quite often. Hence, I went all out with purchasing the ingredients for this recipe.
It’s quite simple to make actually, but I am rather certain that your guests will think that you slaved over this “fancy” treat.
The taste and crunch that you feel once you bite into these roasted nuts will have you wishing for more till half of it is gone! If you’re anything like me, you will most likely be daydreaming about your next bowl of oatmeal and how it would be so delicious to use these as a topping.
Honey Roasted Dill-Spiced Nuts *Vegan*
- 3/4 C of raw walnuts, raw pecans, raw almonds, raw cashews
- 1 C pretzel thins broken up (or regular pretzels)
- 2 TBSP fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1/2 TBSP melted Earth Balance (or butter)
- 1/2 C honey (good quality if possible)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- black pepper to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. In a large bowl, put all of the raw nuts and broken pretzel pieces. Add melted butter, honey, vanilla and mix with a wooden spoon until everything becomes sticky.
2) Add the chopped dill along with the salt, pepper, and all the spices. Stir thoroughly so that everything is evenly mixed.
3) Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet. Spread the mixture evenly throughout the pan and bake for approximately 15-17 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
I used these Pretzel Crisps because they’re so good and have the perfect amount of crunch! In addition, they were on a special of buy one get one free deal. I also think that they pair up pretty perfectly with the nuts.
Good quality of honey makes this snack even better. I used the remaining orange local honey that I received from my friend Kate. Nevertheless, even if regular honey is used, it would still be just as delicious.
The addition of dill in a recipe like this may seem somewhat odd; however, it is not super noticeable but instead rends a mystery earthiness to this combo.
I hope you guys stay tuned because I have a little surprise coming along your way! Teehee, and I am beyond excited about it too!
Hope your day is filled with deep revelations, laughter, and joy!
PS: Make sure to check out the very new and awesome site DailyBuzz Healthy Living y’all!
Have you used herbs in snacks such as this one? Or do herbs scare you away?
What’s your favorite store to purchase groceries?